THE LIGHTBRIDGE LEGACY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Discussion Questions for "The Secret Half"
• What was unique about the setting of the book and how did it contribute to the story?
• What themes were emphasize throughout the book? What do you think the author is trying to get across to the reader?
• Which character did you identify with the most? In what ways do you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?
• How do the characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger those changes?
• In what ways do the situations in the book reveal evidence of the author's world view? Do you agree or disagree with this view?
• Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life you might not have thought about before?
• What personal challenges did Ani and her father have in common? What personal challenges did Ani and CJ have in common? How did they help each other to grow?
• Do you think Ani's mother did the right thing by following her dream even though it took her away from her family?
• Why do you think CJ helped Ani after she made it clear that they were not friends?
• Were the quotes at the start of each chapter meaningful? In what way did they reveal theme, or inform the reader about what was important in the chapter? Did they point to a lesson that some or all of the characters were grappling with in that chapter? Examples?
What does the "secret half" refer to in the title? Do you think it is possible to have a secret half?
• Questions? • Suggestions? • Comments? • I'd love to here from you! •
PS: If you are in the South Bay or the Greater Los Angeles Area I am available for free appearances, book signings, and author talks. And I love book clubs!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR BOOK TWO: THE HIDDEN GATES COMING SOON!
This page will contain discussion questions for each book in the series as they are published.