ELAYNE GINEVE JAMES
Elayne Gineve James, writer, musician, and artist, is the author of The LightBridge Legacy Series, The Secret Half, listed by GoodReads as a Visionary Young Adult Books selection, and the new holiday novel, The Saint of Carrington.
James lives by the ocean in Southern California with her sweetheart, penning stories of adventure, mystery, magic, and ancient wisdom.
Elayne Gineve James is a founding member of S.M.A.R.T.S: The Society of Musicians, Authors, Rebels, Theorists, and Scientists.
RANDOM FUN FACTS ABOUT ELAYNE JAMES
• Born in Monterey, California, to musician parents whose unusual mix of unconventional wisdom, serious creativity, and playful silliness proved infectious to their somewhat innocent children
• Spent her formative years on her family's small ranch in rural Northern California learning the secret language of the animals and the enchantments of the land
• Had a black and white sheepdog named Sand who spoke pig Latin
• Became a musician and songwriter at an early age and started performing at the age of 12. The largest audience she ever played for was 3000 people (at age 18), the smallest was 3 (yesterday).
• Traveled extensively with her family throughout childhood and adolescence
• Wrote her first short story at age 5 (1 large-ruled page) and her first book at age 12 (100 handwritten pages & a hand-drawn cover)
• Fell in love with the books of Jules Verne and H.G. Wells in her teens and began penning sci-fi and fantasy stories but never admitted to it in polite company
• Became a playwright in college after a professor read her first one-act play and said, "Time to face reality. You're a playwright."
• Co-wrote 2 full-length theatrical musicals in her 20s & 30s: Fool of Hearts & The Saint of Carrington, and composed songs for six others
• Took a left turn down a rabbit hole and wrote screenplays in Hollywood for 7 years
• Became a professional theatrical lighting designer in her late 20s & worked in theatre for 32 years (wrote 80% of The LightBridge Legacy Series in theatre lighting booths after hours)
• Spent 2 years studying quantum and theoretical physics (and loved it) before beginning her YA Sci-fi Series "Infinity Eight" (in progress)
• Harbors a secret longing to explore the multiverse by a means yet to be invented or discovered